HomeAbout BBPDMeet the StaffMission StatementContact UsPound PageFirearm Purchase CertificatesDepartment HistoryMore HistoryBBPD PhotosMore PhotosD.A.R.E.Frequently Asked QuestionsRoad ConditionsSex Offender Registry


Department photo taken by the Custer County Chief:

 L to R:  Julie Toline, Officer Ben Tucker, Captain Dan Hanson, Officer Shane Fiorelli

 Chief Steve Scott, Officer David Taylor III, Officer Coby Cassidy, Officer Chris Anderson

and K9 Sam. 




To the Broken Bow Police Department Website!





Click here to check out our Facebook page









The 2019 dog tags are here!

May 1st is the deadline to get























The Broken Bow Police Department has tags for bicycles.

If you have a new bike or an old bike that you would hate to lose,

bring it down to the station and we will give you a tag.

That way if it is found somewhere we will know who to contact to get it returned.

















When it comes to weeds and grass the City of Broken Bow’s ordinance defines a Nuisance as lack of maintenance of property not allowing growth of eight (8) inches or more in height of weeds, grasses or worthless vegetation.  The first contact by law enforcement will be a red card may be placed on the property and means that immediate action is required or a Notice to Abate which will be posted on the property and personally served or mailed to owner.  The owner has 5 days to appeal to the City of Broken Bow.  If the property is not mowed and trimmed after receiving the Notice to Abate, the City of Broken Bow will mow and clean up the yard.  A minimum charge of $100.00 will be assessed against the property. 

There is an ordinance that pertains to unlicensed or junk vehicles in a yard.  This will also result in your receiving a Notice to Abate with the same result as was previously stated above, the only difference being that you have 15 days to license and or remove the vehicle.

There is also an ordinance about junk or trash in your yard.  Trash, litter, rags, accumulations of barrels, boxes, crates, packing crates, mattresses, bedding, packing hay, straw or other packing material, lumber not neatly piled, scrap iron, tin, or other metal not neatly piled, old automobiles or parts thereof, or any other waste materials when any of the articles or materials create a condition in which flies or rats may breed or multiply, or which may be a fire danger, or which are so unsightly as to depreciate property values in the vicinity. 





City Tree Dump - End of S 13th Ave


Disposing of yard debris

      Broken Bow city residents who need to dispose of branches, grass clippings, etc., can take their debris to the City Tree Dump,

     The dump is located on the south end of South 13th Avenue.

     Spring and summer hours of operation are Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 12 noon and from 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.

     Winter hours (from Nov. 15 through March 31) are Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays from 1 to 5:30 p.m.

     Fees are based on the size of your load.



From the desk of Chief Scott... 

Don't pass stopped vehicles at pedestrian crossing lights

When you are driving and see a vehicle stopped at the flashing yellow lights at a school crossing, STOP your vehicle and do not pass the vehicle in front of you.  Some drivers are passing vehicles that are stopped for flashing yellow lights, putting students in danger. If a vehicle is stopped at the yellow flashing lights, assume that there are children crossing the street.  Yellow lights are activated during hours when children are likely to be going to and from school. If you see the lights flashing, be prepared to stop. If someone is already stopped in front of you, stop your vehicle behind them. Passing a vehicle that is stopped at a pedestrian crossing is a very dangerous situation and can result in a citation for the driver who is passing.


It is more than Police Work!

Officer Fiorelli and Chief Scott captured and rehomed a

4 legged critter (Mermot?) on June 20, 2017. 




Eye on Crime

Broken Bow Police Department actively seeks information on local crime.

If you have information to share, please contact Police Chief Steve Scott

at 308-872-6424 or at policechief@brokenbowpolice.com 

All reports will remain anonymous.

Horizontal Divider 1



Permits, licenses available      

Gun permits, dog tags and bicycle licenses are all available at the Broken Bow Police Department.

For more information on licenses and permits, see Frequently Asked Questions.


Questions about Handgun Permits?

Check out our Firearm Purchase Certificates page.

Click Here: To estimate your Blood Alcohol Content